Is it possible for me to get money if I'm injured in a hit in run car accident in Virginia?

Yes, your own Uninsured Motorist (UM) Coverage or Underinsured Motorist (UIM) Coverage will typically cover the damages associated with a hit and run car accident.  In Virginia, when you purchase liability insurance, you are also purchasing uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage.  It is extremely important that you are aware of your UM/UIM policy limits and choose the highest policy limit that you can afford.  There is likely no way for you to recover any money from the individual responsible for the crash if the defendant does not have insurance and you do not have any coverage available.

Think You May Have a Personal Injury Claim?

Tell Us Your Story by Requesting a Free Case Review

Get a Free Consultation