I was injured in a car accident in Virginia, where do I send my medical bills?


People often think when they are injured in a Virginia car accident that the insurance company for the person that caused the accident will simply pay the medical bills.  Most of the time it is not that simple.

If you have health insurance, you should make sure that your bills are submitted to your health insurance company.  You may have to reimburse the health insurance company if you are compensated for your injuries but you want to make sure that your bills are paid.  If you wait and do not submit them to your health insurance the medical providers may send you to collections or even get a judgment against you for the bills.

If you do not have health insurance you should try to set a payment plan with the medical providers. Some providers will hold off trying to collect for the bills until your injury case is resolved.

Think You May Have a Personal Injury Claim?

Tell Us Your Story by Requesting a Free Case Review

Get a Free Consultation